High five: The year in numbers
Our Annual and Sustainability report for 2021 is out now. You can read the report in full, but here are just a few of the highlights we are most proud of:
- 14 million tonnes CO2 equivalent in net positive climate effect, which corresponds to more than 25 percent of Sweden’s total CO2 emissions.
- 5.8 million tonnes CO2 is the net carbon stocks change in our members’ forests.
- 9.4 million tonnes CO2 is the amount reduced by using our wood-based products instead of fossil-based ones.
- Net zero by 2040 is our aim. In accordance with the Science Based Targets initiative, we are submitting an application to request approval of a target to halve greenhouse gas emissions before 2030 compared with 2020, and to achieve net zero emissions before 2040.
- 145,000 hectares is the area of voluntary set-asides for nature conservation on land owned by Södra’s members, valued at SEK 25 billion.