From zero to hero
Essential listening: “From no more to once more” is a highly informative and entertaining podcast from Ecotextile Talks in affiliation with Södra, launched to coincide with this year’s United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) in Glasgow. The five-part podcast series provides a wide-ranging, carefully-researched exploration of how the diversion of textiles from landfill and incineration can accelerate the industry’s environmental ambitions.
Hear contributions from NGOs, fibre suppliers, fashion brands, waste collectors, consumers and of course Södra itself. For anyone with a stake in textile circularity, this is time very well spent.
If you didn’t get the chance to listen in, or need a refresher, here are five key takeaways from this landmark series:
- Three out of five garments purchased are thrown away within the first year. Find out where they go.
- The link between wood and cotton is cellulose. Discover why this is such a big deal for textile circularity.
- We now have the technology to recycle post-consumer waste textiles. In huge quantities. Check out how you can help make it happen.
- Producers and the waste directive 2025. It’s a game changer – learn why.
- How the fashion brands can make all the difference.